Johnson Controls Launches Feature-packed Smart Thermostat for $99
The LUX CS1 makes the benefits of smart technology more accessible than ever before
MILWAUKEE, WI – June 17, 2020 – Johnson Controls today announced the latest addition to its suite of LUX® Products: the LUX CS1 Smart Thermostat. When paired with the LUX App, the LUX CS1 provides a variety of easy-to-use features for effortless comfort, control and savings. At $99 MSRP, the Energy-Star® certified LUX CS1 is priced well below comparable thermostat models to make the benefits of smart technology even more accessible for homeowners and building operators alike.
“The LUX CS1 Smart Thermostat is all about accessibility. Its price point, approachable design and intuitive technology make it one of the most affordable, feature-packed smart thermostats on the market today,” said Rob Munin, general manager, thermostats and sensors at Johnson Controls. “The LUX CS1 perfectly marries traditional thermostat functionality such as large digits with advanced features including geofencing powered by the LUX App. For smart technology beginners, it’s the perfect gateway to connected comfort, control and savings.”
LUX Products, a Johnson Controls brand, is an innovator in indoor comfort. From manual to smart thermostats, the company’s range of technology includes a wide variety of well-designed and feature-appropriate thermostats for every setting and budget. The LUX CS1 brings a new level of affordability to the LUX thermostat line-up and features these smart capabilities:
- Minimal set-up: Flexible installation using either a Power Wire, C-wire or LUX Power Bridge. Then, hook it up to Wi-Fi for a secure, reliable connection.
- Intuitive design: The simple interface features a straightforward display including large digits, backlighting and easy access to temperature and scheduling settings.
- Smart tech: Connects to the Amazon Alexa® and Google Assistant® for hands-free control and voice activation. It also works with IFTTT (If This Then That), enabling LUX CS1 users to create a unique Internet of Things (IOT) experience together with other mobile applications and devices.
- Smart app: Compatible with the LUX App to control temperature from anywhere, plus tap into geofencing and smart scheduling for greater energy and cost savings.
- Peace of mind: Custom alerts provide notifications about abnormal room temperature or filter replacement requirements.
- Extensive compatibility: Designed for a wide range of heating and cooling systems to fit within most homes and buildings.
Users can download the LUX App from their smart phone to monitor and adjust the LUX CS1 from anywhere, at any time. The app is compatible with the entire suite of LUX smart thermostats including the LUX KONO and LUX GEO. This user-friendly app enhances smart thermostat capabilities thanks to these features:
- Always-on: Monitor and adjust the thermostat’s temperature and settings from anywhere for 24/7 comfort, control and peace-of-mind.
- Energy savings: Home and Away Aware™ geofencing monitors occupancy and automatically makes energy-efficient adjustments.
- Cost savings: Smart scheduling, learning and adaptive tips and demand response programs — where available — provide potential savings.
- Multiple thermostat connectivity: Homeowners can connect up to 10 thermostats, and businesses can take advantage of unlimited connectivity within a single app.
Plus, users can look forward to the release of the new LUX App coming later this summer. The new app will feature an enhanced user interface including personalized settings and smart features for energy and cost savings.
The LUX CS1 Smart Thermostat is available for purchase now at LuxProducts.com, BestBuy.com and local wholesalers. It will also be available soon at Amazon.com. Users can download the LUX App from the Apple App Store or Google Play. For more information, visit LuxProducts.com.
About Johnson Controls
At Johnson Controls, we transform the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, we drive the outcomes that matter most. We deliver our promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers and manufacturing. With a global team of 105,000 experts in more than 150 countries and over 130 years of innovation, we are the power behind our customers’ mission. Our leading portfolio of building technology and solutions includes some of the most trusted names in the industry, such as Tyco®, YORK®, Metasys®, Ruskin®, Titus®, Frick®, Penn®, Sabroe®, Simplex®, Ansul® and Grinnell®. For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
# # #
Public Relations, BVK
Work +1 205 516 -3486
Global Public Relations Program Manager
Building Technologies & Solutions, Johnson Controls
Work + 1 414 524 6170
Mobile + 1 414 378 9641