Reinventing the way buildings work: Johnson Controls releases Enterprise Management 2.2 platform
MILWAUKEE (March 12, 2020) – Johnson Controls today announced the release of Enterprise Management 2.2, an advanced version of the cloud-based analytics platform designed to help enterprises get the most out of their buildings. This innovative platform allows organizations to turn insights into action, helping meet energy, sustainability and occupant satisfaction goals.
Enterprise Management gives organizations and user’s insight into, and control of, energy usage; asset performance; space utilization and tenant management through a single pane of glass. Advanced analytical techniques proactively analyze building and equipment data to identify issues, faults and opportunities for improved performance and savings across the enterprise. The platform remains agnostic in relation to building automation systems, infrastructure or service providers. Additional features of the innovative platform include:
- Energy Prediction: Users can now obtain accurate information about the forecasted energy consumption at the building level. Advanced machine learning (ML) algorithms provide hourly forecasts of energy usage over the following 24 to 48-hour time period, allowing users to proactively manage energy consumption and peak demand charges.
- Asset Performance: New fault monetization capabilities allow users to better understand the costs of poor performing or underutilized equipment. Monetization helps with prioritizing scarce resources to have the biggest impact on building performance.
- Air Quality: New features improve the understanding of air quality with pre-configured pages that provide an overview of key indoor air quality (IAQ) measures, such as humidity, CO2, dust, dirt, soot, and smoke.
- Tenant Management: Users now have enhanced flexibility to adjust billing periods and rate structures for tenants that may have multiple utility providers. More flexibility within billing allows owners to monitor consumption for one-time events and temporary tenants.
“The newly released features of the enterprise management system may enable us to further improve occupant comfort while still maintaining governance over our operational costs and driving continuous energy reduction,” said Dana Robbins Schneider of Empire State Realty Trust. “The ability to have insight to potential fault events will enable us to more effectively manage those events and resources proactively while ensuring uninterrupted comfort and service to our tenants - which is critical for us.”
In addition to the upgraded features, Enterprise Management 2.2 continues to give users control through:
- Companion: Empowers employees to use their smartphone to control their own lighting and temperature, navigate to and reserve building spaces including meetings rooms and desks. When connected to an access control system, lighting and temperature is automatically set when an employee badges in and shut off when they leave. This puts control in the hands of the users and keep calls to a minimum.
- Kiosk: Share energy, sustainability and relevant information with employees such as events, mealtime menus and more to engage and inform. Vibrant visuals share key information anywhere people spend time – in lobbies, elevators, cafeterias and more.
“The upgraded features of Enterprise Management 2.2 give more control and flexibility to our customers,” said Terrill Laughton, vice president and general manager of Energy Optimization & Connected Offerings, Digital Solutions at Johnson Controls. “Our solutions drive digital transformation by providing data and insights to lower energy costs, improve space utilization and increase occupant productivity within a building, helping our customers make better, smarter decisions.”
Johnson Controls has unmatched expertise in powering the mission of customers and organizations across the world. Over 200 organizations have streamlined their operations, saved money and reduced their environmental impact with the Enterprise Management platform.
About Johnson Controls
At Johnson Controls, we transform the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, we drive the outcomes that matter most. We deliver our promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers and manufacturing. With a global team of 105,000 experts in more than 150 countries and over 130 years of innovation, we are the power behind our customers’ mission. Our leading portfolio of building technology and solutions includes some of the most trusted names in the industry, such as Tyco®, York®, Metasys®, Ruskin®, Titus®, Frick®, Penn®, Sabroe®, Simplex®, Ansul® and Grinnell®. For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Matter on behalf of Johnson Controls
Work + 1 978-518-4512
Global Public Relations Program Manager
Building Technologies & Solutions, Johnson Controls
Work + 1 414 524 6170
Mobile + 1 414 378 9641