Johnson Controls named “Overall IoT Company of the Year” in 2020
Company recognized for driving innovation and exemplifying the best IoT technology solutions
“To take home the highest honor from this year’s IoT Breakthrough award program is an honor,” said Sudhi Sinha, vice president and general manager of Digital Solutions at Johnson Controls. “We have dedicated ourselves to growing our Digital Solutions business, acquiring more than 5,000 new users and connecting over 80,000 pieces of equipment and building systems in commercial buildings and retail facilities. We look forward to continuously driving innovation and leveraging IoT and AI-enabled technologies to create the buildings of the future that power our customers’ missions.”
The IoT Breakthrough Awards program recognizes innovators, leaders and visionaries from a range of IoT categories, including Industrial and Enterprise IoT, Smart City technology and more. This year’s program attracted more than 3,700 global nominations.
"Johnson Controls is building one of the strongest IoT product portfolios in the industry, offering customers a full range of systems and digital solutions that make buildings safer, smarter and more efficient," said James Johnson, managing director at IoT Breakthrough. "With a rich history of industrial and enterprise innovation, Johnson Controls continues to drive ‘breakthrough’ innovation, using AI and connected solutions to transform the environments where people both live their life and work. We extend our sincere congratulations to Johnson Controls for its continued upward trajectory and overall industry leadership."
Over the past few years, Johnson Controls has transformed itself to a company that offers modern software technology and t leverages the latest digital capabilities to deliver differentiated outcomes and experiences to its customers. Johnson Controls has added the following new Digital Solutions to further digitally transform buildings and help customers significantly improve productivity, operational efficiency, comfort, security and sustainability:
- Johnson Controls Enterprise Management 2.0 – the leading energy, asset, occupant and tenant billing management system, Enterprise Management 2.0 utilizes artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies to proactively analyze building data across the entire enterprise and help customers identify opportunities to save money and streamline operations.
- Assurance Services – a set of capabilities that provides security teams with event visibility and automation and a rich toolset to manage the entire asset lifecycle and maintain regulatory and corporate compliance performance.
- Athena – a comprehensive solution to enable predictive diagnostics for mechanical equipment using a unified sensor for vibration and acoustic analysis; storage, computer and communication models to locally capture the data and transmit captured data; and a rich set of AI and ML-based learning models running in the cloud that give great insights about performance, potential failures and most optimal maintenance recommendations.
- False Alarm Reduction Service – an easy-to-use tool that provides a better understanding of false alarm systems and helps to reduce false alarms, in turn protecting the customer’s assets and decreasing operational costs.
- Central Plant Optimization (CPO) – a continuous optimization solution that monitors various inputs, including data gathered from connected equipment and systems to external information like weather forecasts, utility rates and maintenance to automatically generate optimization decisions and implement them so facility owners and managers can minimize utility costs and maximize available utility incentives.
To learn more about IoT Breakthrough, visit www.IoTBreakthrough.com.
About Johnson Controls
At Johnson Controls, we transform the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, we drive the outcomes that matter most. We deliver our promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers and manufacturing. With a global team of 105,000 experts in more than 150 countries and over 130 years of innovation, we are the power behind our customers’ mission. Our leading portfolio of building technology and solutions includes some of the most trusted names in the industry, such as Tyco®, York®, Metasys®, Ruskin®, Titus®, Frick®, Penn®, Sabroe®, Simplex®, Ansul® and Grinnell®. For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
# # #
Matter on behalf of Johnson Controls
Work + 1 978-518-4512
Global Public Relations Program Manager
Building Technologies & Solutions, Johnson Controls
Work + 1 414 524 6170
Mobile + 1 414 378 9641