Johnson Controls to power more intelligent environments at GSX 2019
Integrated Security, Digital Solutions and Open Innovation groups will highlight how connected platforms are driving a safer, smarter and more sustainable world
“As we help empower our customers to create smarter, more integrated buildings, it is important for us to exhibit our solutions in a connected environment instead of having siloed displays,” said Hank Monaco, vice president, marketing, Johnson Controls, Building Solutions North America. “At GSX, we have traditionally demonstrated our security, fire and life safety technologies, but we are excited to also layer in our additional capabilities in building controls and data-driven solutions to reinforce how critical they are to the equation of more secure and intelligent spaces.”
Johnson Controls Digital Solutions group will be highlighting the following solutions that work at the nexus of data and business to gather insights that allow for smarter buildings, increased efficiencies and new business value.
- Connected Converged Security (CCS), a SaaS-based platform that provides proactive, holistic, and smarter security solutions, CCS is a hardware agnostic software solution that enhances health and life-safety standards while providing measurable results and a basis for superior decision-making. As a result, customers can save on operational costs and hardware spend, and improve their security return on investment.
- Assurance Services and False Alarm Reduction Service (FARS), both offerings analyze data to increase safety, streamline operations and decrease costs through actionable insights into a facility’s space and security considerations. Assurance Services helps to deliver preventative service insights to maintain high availability and reliability of security assets. When problems are detected, a remote resolution team can automatically resolve issues in minutes, rather than days. FARS analyzes and identifies alarm patterns to deliver to help reduce false alarms and their associated risks and costs. The software leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities to identify false alarm triggers and help to stop the activities that trigger them.
In addition, cutting-edge startups from Johnson Controls Open Innovation – a global innovation center in Tel Aviv, Israel launched to foster collaboration between the company, customers and the startups to deliver effective solutions worldwide – will be revealing emerging technologies, including:
- Indoor Robotics, a smart robot that operates indoors after-hours to run security and inspection missions, follow up on alerts, detect leaks and fires, patrol the indoor space, learn the environment and respond to various anomalies detected.
- Weapons Detection
- Athena Security offers a sophisticated AI-driven solution that utilizes existing security cameras to work to detect dangerous objects, such as guns and knives, in real-time. The platform sends the authorities an alert, getting the right people to the scene faster with an up-to-speed video feed into what’s going on and where.
- Evolv Technology, a fully automated high-speed concealed weapons detection solution, integrates firearm and explosives detection with facial recognition for early detection of unauthorized concealed weapons or persons of interest.
To learn more about Johnson Controls Digital Solutions and the startups from Johnson Controls Open Innovation, join us at GSX in booth #703 or visit https://www.johnsoncontrols.com/digital.
About Johnson Controls
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 120,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
About Johnson Controls Building Technologies & Solutions
Johnson Controls Building Technologies & Solutions is making the world safer, smarter and more sustainable – one building at a time. Our technology portfolio integrates every aspect of a building – whether security systems, energy management, fire protection or HVACR – to ensure that we exceed customer expectations at all times. We operate in more than 150 countries through our unmatched network of branches and distribution channels, helping building owners, operators, engineers and contractors enhance the full lifecycle of any facility. Our arsenal of brands includes some of the most trusted names in the industry, such as Tyco®, YORK®, Metasys®, Ruskin®, Titus®, Frick®, PENN®, Sabroe®, Simplex® and Grinnell®. For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow @JCI_Buildings on Twitter.
# # #
Matter on behalf of Johnson Controls
Work + 1 978-518-4512
Global Public Relations Program Manager
Building Technologies & Solutions, Johnson Controls
Work + 1 414 524 6170
Mobile + 1 414 378 9641