Providing Security for the North Carolina Department of Correction
The North Carolina Department of Correction employs approximately 20,000 people and is responsible for approximately 40,000 inmates and 125,000 offenders under probation, parole, or community supervision. They needed to replace aging DVRs in prisons throughout North Carolina.
Sixty exacqVision Hybrid Systems were installed to maximize the safety of staff and inmates. Each prison has the exacqVision hybrid servers and client software installed on the control room’s PCs with access to only those cameras located in their building. When an incident is reported, staff will search digital video to investigate. Video can be easily exported to a DVD or USB flash drive and can be shown to police as evidence.
- exacqVision server & client software
- 60 exacqVision Hybrid Servers with RAID5 storage & exacqVision VMS software on commercial servers
- 1,600+ analog cameras and 300+ IP cameras
- Prisons are connected with fiber optic cable and Ethernet switches
- Client PCs in prison control rooms